Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
(04-15-2019, 03:44 AM)kevin Wrote: Not Bad.  They Split the 2 game series with Cardinals in Mexico.  Have won 4 of the last 5 games.

Reds were 1-8 and have climbed to 5-9.

There is no law that says Reds have to lose on West Coast.  Maybe with some good pitching and good hitting the Reds can do OK out there this Easter week.

Here's a name few were talking about going into season.  Derek Dietrich from Miami Marlins.  Second Base and Outfield. Reds need to get this hot bat in line-up, especially with second baseman Scooter Gennett injured. When a player is hitting, you MAKE a spot for him to play. Winker is Hot now also.  Reds bats are waking up.

Diet Rich took a pitch to his ankle last night. Hopefully just a minor problem or even no problem at all, but if it broke anything we're in for a world of hurt. Inquiring minds wanna know.
Tough telling when and if Scooter gets back in the lineup and who will have to go. Right now Peraza is barely hitting my weight and if Scooter returns we can't automatically assume he'll just resume where he left off. There's still a vague outside shot of getting Senzel up to the big club (at 2nd???) with nobody other than Bell knowing where he might play.
Yesterday the bullpen got kind of roughed up, but I'm not quite ready to declare them all a lost cause. Garrett gave up his first HR of the season which means nothing except he gave up a homerun. Both Duke and Hughes worry me. Hughes just doesn't seem to be himself after last year and Duke? I think his days of glory are done.
I don't have any faith that Disco is ever going to be the starter we all want him to be. He's been far too inconsistent showing little to nothing that would indicate he's about to change. He has movement on his fastball, but it's all side to side movement. His FB never seems to move up or down making it very hittable. I think it's time to find his replacement and stop "hoping" everything finally clicks with him.. Perhaps RobSteve has finally figured things out with so far a mere 1.23 ERA in 7.1. Is he ready to start again or is he going to be forever a bullpen arm? It would be nothing short of wonderful if he could start and give us 5 quality innings per..
The good news is Castillo gets the next start. It would be great if Reds bats came alive for him against Kershaw and send Kershaw back to the trainers room. Tonight's game should be interesting if anyone can stay awake for it. Game starts at 10:10 EST..(That's 7:10 PST for you time afectionatos out there)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - grampahol - 04-15-2019, 10:07 AM