Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
Off Day Thoughts.

Reds did clean up the road series going 3-4 on west coast. Pretty good considering they started 0-3.
Reds were playing good the week before they went on west coast trip.
So Reds have not been AS awful last couple weeks as they started out.
Reds 5 games below .500 coming home against Atlanta.
Reds have 8 wins. They have 8 games left in April.
The chances are better they will have 15 losses in April than 15 wins.
The question is, how many games can they win in April ? 10 ? 12 ? 15 ?
The Reds have nobody batting .300 They do have most of the team batting below .250, many batting below .200
I tried to look for Reds hot bats last 7 days, and that doesn't help.
I feel for Bell because nobody is hitting for Reds. Iglesias at SS is and Suarez is starting to get his homers. Dietrich has had clutch hits.

We are now past April 15th. It is getting warmer. Monday was warm in Ohio. It looks more like Summer than Winter outside finally. Hopefully Reds bats will wake up in the warmer weather. Some Reds hitters will get it together, they won't all bat under .200 because there are some good hitters on this team ready to tee off and get hot.

It would be nice if Reds win with Gray on mound. Braves can be a tough team, but I'm hoping Reds win series at home. That would give them 10 or 11 wins in April if they can get after the Braves. Climb closer to .500 as Reds were 1-8 at one point. Reds are trying to climb out of that early hole they dug. Glad to see less fans in winter coats, the bats could warm up. I agree with my late Dad that baseball season is too long. There should be no baseball in April or October. May to August is baseball weather, play World Series in September. It won't ever happen, but look for Reds bats to Warm Up May to August.

Can the Reds be around .500 around 4th of July and All Star Break ? Sure, if they can salvage some of April and put up a few more wins this month.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-23-2019, 02:36 AM