Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-04-2019, 08:01 PM)Beaker Wrote: You're not require to read anything. If you think the content is too low brow or offensive for you, you are free to not peruse. 

What you are saying is the "bad" thing about this site, I consider to be one of it's strong points....lack of censorship and dismissal of overly PC culture. And I am the father of a homosexual daughter who is well adjusted, not offended and doesn't seek safe spaces. This site is what it is, and the community has developed together. Feel free to join us, or feel free to avoid us. The beauty is you have the choice. 

If you don't like the current climate, a better tactic might be to attempt to influence it via your personality over time rather than claiming offense. Post here, involve yourself in discussions, and see how things evolve.

While I respect your point of view, I must offer that there is another, and a rather effective, way in which one can influence positive change: to actually address and confront the issue at hand. Discussion about said issue is, in my experience, a much better and more efficient avenue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site - Lucidus - 04-04-2019, 08:43 PM