Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-04-2019, 08:37 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I should clarify sir. It's not necessarily the actual word "gay" being used. Rather it is most the insinuation that another person or thing is gay, through the use of alternate phrasing, and sometimes through images. When i have a little more time, I will offer some of the examples that stuck out the most. I apologize for not having that information available at the time of posting.

I should say one more thing as well. I don't mean to imply that the itself is meant as a slur or insult. In fact, in most cases, it seems to be using in a joking context. However, it is the very fact that it is used in such a context that can lend to the implication that it's derogatory by it's very intent; to use homosexuality as a comparative subject in which one could demean, poke fun at or draw a negative conclusion about via humor.

When I have more time available, I will elaborate more on the instances and examples I have encountered.

Speaking as a Staff Member, I want to assure you that on thebengalsboard.com, we do not tolerate any sort of bullying, ridiculing, or generally insulting in any manner, especially instances involving race, ethnicity or sexuality.  The Code of Conduct is very clear on these things, and we as staff do our best to uphold and enforce those rules to ensure that everyone has a favorable experience on here.

Seeing how you are unable to provide any specific examples of what you are claiming.  I must ask you to please report these instances when you see them.  Every report submitted to the staff is taken seriously, and reviewed prior to any action or dismissal of complaint is issued.  For example, just in the past week we have amended the language filter to include a few more words and phrases that we overlooked previously.  So, my best advice is when you see something that isn't right, report it.  It will be examined and the moderation team will handle it appropriately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site - SunsetBengal - 04-04-2019, 08:56 PM