Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-05-2019, 04:15 PM)Lucidus Wrote: The response is appreciated, however you must admit that it places a member in a rather precarious position if the post they find offensive or questionable was made by a member of the staff, which I have come across a few times.

I'm in no way questioning the integrity of the staff. Rather, I'm just stating that I would be somewhat uncomfortable reporting a staff member to another staff member. 

Nay, no fear there. I'd say all the staff has had at least one complaint. For those not on the staff (which I'll add is all volunteer), whenever a member complains about one of us, it's generally fielded to the rest of the staff. As were all former posters (even holic) and not paid staff like the mothership, I think all of us know the importance of being impartial, even with each other. 

If there's one thing I can brag on about the rest of the guys,it's their ability to detach from a situation . 

And for everyone who doesn't know, I will use this as a chance to pronote using the "report" tool. All of us try to be vigilant and patrol the boards, but at the end of the day, we're just a group of volunteers trying to help a community stay together. The report tool helps us identify problems quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site - Benton - 04-05-2019, 08:50 PM