Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site
(04-05-2019, 09:24 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I'm sorry that you have experienced this. And it is quite possible I have made such suggestive comments in the past. If I have offended, please forgive me. I try not to do that, because over the years I have acquired many friends who are homosexual (despite my own failings) and I feel it disrespects them when I do such things. At the same time, I grew up in a blue-collar neighborhood in the seventies were such language was endemic. That isn't an excuse, more of an explanation of why I have relapses. Be that as it may, I am committed to improving and don't mind being called out when I am wrong.

Me to Zona, if I had a nickel for every derogatory word and phrase I've heard and said in the 70's and 80's I'd have no need to keep playing the lottery. It was just part of the culture then. I'm not trying to defend it or say it was right, just that's what we grew up hearing.

I'd say I've slipped up in the past and I'll try hard to be more respectful in the future.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shocked and dismayed with "gay" remarks on this site - bengalfan74 - 04-05-2019, 09:45 PM