Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most?
(04-06-2019, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josn Allen are a step above every player in the entire draft. Even in a deep defensive line class these guys are on a different level.
Only one of those guys is a DT.  The others are pure DEs.  And there have been numerous guys that were "can't miss" DTs that were selected very high in the first round, only to be outperformed by guys like Geno Atkins.
Glenn Dorsey was taken #5 overall by the Chiefs and he wasn't offered a second contract.  He ended up with the 49ers but hardly became the impact player everyone expected. 
I would say DT is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL.
I would argue that the dropoff in talent at DT from Williams to the likes of Oliver, Lawrence, Simmons, Wilkens, and Tillery.  Williams had the benefit of playing with essentially an NFL front four.  He is a freak athlete and I would love to have him, but the fit of a White or Taylor is just too good to pass up in the first round.  I can dream that other teams devalue the NT position and Lawrence slides to  us in Rd 2, but I don't see him getting by the Patriots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most? - SHRacerX - 04-06-2019, 01:27 PM
2+2= - Ghost of ikcey - 04-07-2019, 04:49 PM