Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-06-2019, 05:17 PM)jason Wrote: The 2009 Bengals swept the division, and made the playoffs. The 2018 Browns finished below .500, in 3rd place in the division, and well didn't make the playoffs. A washed up TO finished just shy of 1,000 yards receiving in 14 games. He also had 9 TDs... That's the same amount of TDs Sideshow Bob has the last 2 seasons combined in the prime of his career. Beckham hasn't shown very much durability in his career. I doubt we see him still playing in the NFL at age 37.

So at any rate... It's not ridiculous to claim that adding TO to a team who swept the division, had one of the best QBs and WRs of that era, a nasty defense, and a workhorse RB coming off the best season of his career made them the best team on paper. I think hindsight is blinding you. That team had accomplished more than the Browns have.

Best team on paper doesn't always translate. We all know about the "Dream Team" Eagles too.

Let’s hope not, because I think it’s fair to say we’re probably the worst team on paper considering it’s largely the same roster that has had 3 losing seasons in a row.

Btw I’m not implying OBJ is going to surpass TO when all is said and done. Just that adding a top 5 WR at age 26 who’s under contract for 5 years is a bigger deal (imo) than adding TO in his mid to late thirties. And then you have the addition of Hunt, who will give them a two headed monster at RB for the second half of the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Nicomo Cosca - 04-06-2019, 05:35 PM