Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-13-2019, 04:10 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I feel like a lot of people are seriously underestimating the Browns. I get it, they have been a dumpster fire for the past two decades, but they have never had a roster like this.

Their defense still isn’t very good. In fact, one could probably say it sucks (even though they have talent) but that offense is one of the most talented offenses in the league. If Baker is the real deal, the Browns have a Chiefs level offense waiting to explode and that is very worrisome.

Who the hell is underestimating the Browns?

Every frickin' talking head is picking them to be the next great team.

(04-13-2019, 05:15 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Cleveland as currently constructed looks anything but smoke and mirrors. They have the best group of skill players, the best pass rush, arguably the 2nd best QB, and an improving young defense with difference makers at all levels. They will likely improve the o line in the draft. At worst, they look like a 9-7 team, at best 11-5.

Pittsburgh looks like a dumpster fire, but they absolutely own the Bengals. This looks like the worst Steelers team in some time.

Baltimore is going to bludgeon teams to death with their run game. It won’t be pretty, but they have the makings of a 8-8 to 10-6 team.

The Bengals will go as far as their bottom of the barrel o line and LB corps allow them. Free agency did nothing to move the needle for either group. They better draft well, because this looks like a 6-10 to 8-8 team as currently structured. Shrewd drafting of LB’s and lineman may get them to 10-6.

These Stains are being set up to fail i am tellin you man. They just brought in another diva to complement Mayfield.

Watch what happens when they start losing like OBJ was in New York.

Coaching was the biggest problem with this team and we now have a coach that is bringing some energy to the team. Lets let him coach the team and see how it goes cause as of right now there is no reason to not be excited. The players are excited and so am I. Marvin Lewis was a stale clapper with a defensive play it safe mind that cost our asses multiple Playoff wins because he couldn't fire up a rabbit.

(04-13-2019, 06:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exciting year?  You make it sound like we're going to have the division sewn up by week 6!  

The Steelers got rid of their high-talent divas so they'll be worse.  The Browns picked up some high-talent divas, so they'll be worse.  The Ravens won the division by default last year and got worse over the off-season.

AND the Bengals rookie HC has a hunger to win, but the Browns rookie HC will be overwhelmed because he's in over his head.  

Ok, that's hyperbole, but I will say your faith that the only good team in the division is the one that finished in last place is quite intriguing. Hope springs eternal!

Half glass empty always Nately eh?

Decimated by injuries last season, started out 4-1 with Teryl Austin, Haslett, Lazor and Lewis coaching....

Crazy how some of you guys can talk yourselves into a losing mentality before even seeing the new Head Coach that we desperately needed.

Bottom line, we can take care of our 2 weaknesses with the first two picks of the Draft.

The coaching takes care of everything else and i finally have a touch of confidence in the coaching.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-13-2019, 08:19 PM