Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-14-2019, 12:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, I just looked it up and in his two games against us Mayfield went 46 of 63 for 542 yards and had 7 TDs with 0 turnovers and an average rating of 132.9.  Hell, his year ending stats are better than Dalton in every season except 2015.  I know stats don't tell the whole story, but based on how sure we are he's going to head straight for the basement I expect him to have a lot crappier numbers than he does.

We're 2 games in the hole against him, so we need to get back to work...excuses be damned.

And yea, here come the "Nately thinks Mayfield is a HOF-er" comments.  Lay 'em on me.  The fact is, the Browns didn't start a late round QB, a has-been vet, or an insata-bust at QB and so far it looks like they could be better for it.  Imagine that.

...which means he threw 20 TDs vs 19 turnovers against the rest of the league. Not great. He feasted on the worst defense in the league last year, not sure what that tells us.

Again, I see potential there. I just need to see them cash in on it before my skepticism goes away. Mayfield may be the next great young QB, or he may be the next Josh Freeman. 

As for the 2011 Bengals beating nobody, sure. How many experts predicted them to build on that in 2012? I don't know that the Bengals ever got to the point where they were perennial picks to win the division and that's even after they'd put together a string of good seasons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - NKURyan - 04-14-2019, 01:06 AM