Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-14-2019, 01:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Not "far fetched" at all, just not as much of a "sure thing" as some people believe.

They had the 30th ranked defense last year and they are replacing one of the best OGs in the league with a guy who has only played 15 NFL snaps in his career.

I was a big fan of Mayfield even before the draft.  He will be trouble.  But I think they still have a lot to prove as a team.

I don't think it's a sure thing.

Kinda reminds me of when TO was signed and the talking heads thought we were legit and then proceeded to crash and burn.

No excuses really to fail in my opinion.  There just are some factors to point to why they shouldn't be anointed to be SB contenders just yet.

For being perennial losers they sure hold a large fan base... so why wouldn't the media want to hype them up when the pieces seem to be coming together?

I get it.  As Bengals fans we don't want our team to be dismissed.  However the Browns need to be taken seriously now.

I'm not real sure why now the Ratbirds would get more cred from our fans than them.  If anything I could see them fail big time.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - BengalsRocker - 04-14-2019, 04:46 PM