Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-14-2019, 12:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, I just looked it up and in his two games against us Mayfield went 46 of 63 for 542 yards and had 7 TDs with 0 turnovers and an average rating of 132.9.  Hell, his year ending stats are better than Dalton in every season except 2015.  I know stats don't tell the whole story, but based on how sure we are he's going to head straight for the basement I expect him to have a lot crappier numbers than he does.

We're 2 games in the hole against him, so we need to get back to work...excuses be damned.

And yea, here come the "Nately thinks Mayfield is a HOF-er" comments.  Lay 'em on me.  The fact is, the Browns didn't start a late round QB, a has-been vet, or an insata-bust at QB and so far it looks like they could be better for it.  Imagine that.

Yep, playing our defense twice (and last year our D was historically bad) and the Falcons likewise horrid defense REALLY padded Mayfield's stat line. Outside of these outings he was nothing special and he mostly played poor defenses. I don't know how he ends up but right now he is overhyped. Also they gave up Peppers and Zeitler and their 1 and 3 this year, so there is not a lot of help coming for their 30th ranked defense. 

Add in that Mayfield is a diva and OBJ a diva and a locker room cancer and their new coaches will have fun - it will show their mettle in keeping that locker room focused. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Joelist - 04-14-2019, 05:26 PM