Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-14-2019, 06:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not sure pointing out that Mayfield ran up his stats against our defense really furthers the notion that the Bengals can compete in the AFC North, though.  Our excuse on offense was that AJ and Andy were injured and on defense...well...Austin wrecked everything, hopefully.

The point is, a rookie QB in our division curb-stomped our defense and the best thing we can do at the moment is just hope that both games were a complete aberration and he's not that good and we aren't that bad.  Could be...but at this point I'm going to see better than I hope.

The Browns were 1-31 before Mayfield got there and they aren't exactly the Patriots now, but they ain't 1-31 anymore.  And yeah, Mayfield and OJB and some other guys on that team are d-bag divas, but Pig Ben, Bell, and Antonio Brown are also d-bag divas and they managed to put that sort of thing aside long enough to beat us nearly every time we played them, so ehh...again, I'm not betting it all on the Browns but we are doing a lot of "hoping" when it comes to them falling back into 4th place.

Well, do you think our defense will again be historically bad? Too be honest there is no way to know as all the coaches are new. But at least the ones who put our players in wrong schemes for their abilities are gone. 

I think those who are going against the hype train are just stating that the Stains are not as good as you think, the Rats lost a lot, don't count the Stealers out and as for us right now we are a blank page - with all new coaching, schemes and everything there really is no way to forecast what will happen with us accurately. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Joelist - 04-14-2019, 10:10 PM