Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN
(04-15-2019, 09:21 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Fair enough.  Steelers/Ravens/Browns get worse, we get better.  It's possible, I'm not holding my breath, but stranger things have happened.

I never mentioned the Stoolers or Browns......but I think the Stoolers are a bit worse for wear, and the Browns look improved at skill positions.  As for us, I think we're a wild card.  I have an idea that we will be improved at least slightly.  Why?  Because if this staff is competent, it has been my belief for several years that the schemes and message of the previous staff were badly outdated and stale.  I believe that Kenny Zampese was one of the worst OCs in the history of the game.....Lazor was a slight upgrade.  Paul Alexander is finally gone.  I'm one of the few that believed Hue Jackson was as good of an OC as anyone around the league....look how our O looked under him.  Guenther and Zimmer were good DCs....Austin tried shoving round pegs in square holes.  Haslett was like PA, passed by.

So, if I believed all of that, then why wouldn't I believe this team will improve under a better scheme/philosophy/message if the staff is at least competent?  The talent is not as good as 2015, no question, but I think the coaching will be better, and the team can make some noise.  I'm not saying crown our ass, I'm saying I wouldn't rule us out.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the Bengals compete in the AFCN - Wyche'sWarrior - 04-15-2019, 09:41 AM