Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick
(04-14-2019, 06:04 PM)Au165 Wrote: I’ll say this yet again. When Andy, Aj, Mixon, Boyd, etc we’re healthy out offense was still  good. Even with our bad o line it didn’t derail our ability to win. When our defense was healthy we were still one of the worst units in football and that was directly related to the horrible play of our linebackers. We can hide flaws on the O line because as an offense you dictate the action, but on defense one glaring hole can be exploited as you are at the mercy of the opposing offense.

The later in the draft argument is how we got to this place. We have guys we took later in the draft and they were part of one of the worst Lb coverage units in history. It’s the two Devins or Wilson otherwise we are falling for the same thing we have done for the last decade. I think you could get Wilson later in the 1st but it’s no guarantee. Baltimore loves Bama players and they need a replacement for Mosley.

I guess it all boils down to the perceived dropoff from White/Bush to the next tier of LBs.  I think it is significant, but not as significant as the dropoff from a guy like Taylor, who could man the RT spot for a decade and the next tier of offensive linemen.  I think Tytus Howard could be that player and could be there in Rd 2 allowing the Bengals to get the LB in Rd 1.

If a guy like Ed Oliver slides to us at #11, do you take him over the LBs White and Bush?   It is a tough call, but I haven't seen many guys with Oliver's ability EVER.  There are always stud LBs coming out of the draft and it isn't like White and Bush are without their flaws. 

It will be a tough call, but I am excited for what waits for the Bengals in Rd 1
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick - SHRacerX - 04-15-2019, 07:16 AM