Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick
(04-15-2019, 11:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: No, not really. If the staff believed that we wouldn't be doing this substantial of work on the top backers. There was a reason a lot of the guys on our roster went in later rounds and we simply saw the manifestation of those reasons on the field. We have a large group of back up quality linebackers, however our disinterest in investing in a higher potential LB is killing us now. I keep looking back to the fact we didn't even look for a bargain basement WLB in FA as an indication this team feels they need to make an early investment in linebacker.

Like anything, sure high picks could bust. History has shown us though that 4-3 linebackers have a much higher chance of succeeding the earlier they are drafted. Being drafted high doesn't make you good, however this shows that guys who display traits to make them worthy of high draft picks translate well to production maybe more so than many other positions..

Great points and we don't have Marv here anymore who was never the LB'er whisperer some thought he would be.

Rivers for example wasn't the best pick early.

We need some talent for both Tem and Turner to work with regardless.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-15-2019, 12:19 PM