Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick
(04-15-2019, 04:50 PM)yang Wrote: It was crazy to me that after Marvin took over the defense he never got Jefferson on the field.  It's especially galling since he kept trotting out Hardy (worse linebacker in the NFL) Nickerson.  Why did you even draft the guy?  I mean it's linebacker not rocket science.  You couldn't put him in on rushing downs?  Obvious passing downs?    It's one of the things that makes me really glad Marvin is finally gone. 

I mean seriously, some scouts had Malik rated as the best LB prospect in all of college on a number of levels.  That's just nuts.  You can't say he can't play. 

Here is the issue with Jefferson, they had to simplify thing in college and move away from thinking and let him just run and strike. The issue with that in the NFL is the game is much more complex, especially in coverage and run fits. People don't realize that the play call isn't stagnant there are checks happening on the defensive side that are literally changing the way coverage are being played based on count and alignment. It's not as easy as that's my guy and I have to chase him like most people think. When it comes to run defense each player has a fit and things like motioning can cause that to change pre play and guys who can't process these things become liabilities no matter how athletic they are. 

I didn't like the pick at the time because in my mind it was the defensive version of John Ross. A great athlete who isn't up to par on the mental side of the game to use his skills at the level we need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick - Au165 - 04-15-2019, 04:58 PM