Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick
(04-17-2019, 10:38 AM)yang Wrote: I get the knock on his mental aspects, but the truth is he was very productive in college so these concepts aren't new to him.  They kept him limited in scope and it is the coach's job to coach him up.  You work him in during specific defined situations.  He was a sideline to sideline search and destroy missile and pass rusher in college.  He has freakish athletic ability on par with Bush and White.  And we sat him on the bench as we watched the worse linebacking corps in the NFL perform on the field.  I mean they were pathetic and I find it extremely hard to believe he couldn't have helped, especially after Lawson and others went down.   And I don't mean play him as a DE but in pass rushing fits. 

He was productive after they simplified things, so yes a lot of the concepts are very new. Free lancing in the NFL gets you gashed because every player on the field has potential to do so, it's why they are in the league. The mental aspect is the most important aspect of playing LB you can't just shove it to the side. Coming out many scouts knew he was going to take time to see the field because of his limitations on the mental side starting out. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe we are taking a LB with our first pick - Au165 - 04-17-2019, 11:17 AM