Poll: Should the Bengals extend ______
AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd?
(04-10-2019, 09:54 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Never forget he had a QB who could stretch the field. Never forget he left and couldn't even get on the field with the Pats. Never forget he was a total A-hole causing team problems. If AJ was drafted by a team with a accurate deep ball throwing QB he would probably be talked about as one of the GOAT receivers. Chad has had 56 more starts and only 2000 more yards than AJ. All AJ has to do is average 40 yards/ game to tie. So tell me again how Chad is the greatest Bengal wide out.

When he went to the Pats, he was 33. A lot of WRs drop off then. He was on a 3-year decline to end his career.

- - - - - - - - -

About accurate deep ball throwing...

It's been proven again and again that (except the last few years when the OL has been atrocious and couldn't block even 2.5 seconds) that Dalton is actually a pretty good deep passer. Repeating that he isn't more often doesn't make it less false. People remember all the misses, and also don't realize that deep passes are a low completion % throw. If QBs could do it regularly then that's all they would do and we'd have NBA score level games.

- - - - - - - - - -

As for Chad with 56 more starts and "only" 2000 more yards, everyone knows you can't compare receiving yards between eras straight up 1:1 like that. That's why I showed Chad's rankings in the league instead.

For example, between 2003-2007 there were only 21 seasons of 4,000+ passing yards. That number in 2011-2015? 53 4,000+ yard seasons and 6 5,000+ yard seasons.

Think about that. You're trying to compare direct numbers 1:1 between a time when there wasn't nearly as many yards being thrown. I mean, that's an increase of 150%. Heck, in 2003 and 2005, there were only TWO people each year that threw for 4,000 yards.

Then you realize that Chad was putting up those numbers while playing in the toughest defensive division in football (which the AFCN hasn't been for years).

Look at the yardage rankings Chad had from before in '03-'07: 4th, 6th, 3rd, 1st, and 3rd
(Yeah, he was 4th in '03 even with JON KITNA as his QB.)
Now look at the yardage rankings AJ has from '11-'15: 17th, 10th, 5th, 20th, and 8th

That's their best stretches of football, each, and while AJ has been really good, Chad was consistently at the top. It's not really a comparison. It's why while AJ has a bunch of Pro Bowls, he's never been a 1st Team All-Pro, while Chad had 3 straight.

So here's me, again, telling you Chad is the greatest Bengals wideout.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd? - TheLeonardLeap - 04-10-2019, 11:30 AM