Poll: Should the Bengals extend ______
AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd?
(04-11-2019, 11:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How different the league was in 05 compared to 15 shouldn’t be overlooked. Much more pass friendly rules by 15. And unfortunately Dalton didn’t even do it for an entire season in 15. So for me Palmer (05)>Dalton (15).

It's funny how in the span of one thread we've gone from "you can't say Chad's better than AJ based on the era they played in" to "you can't claim Andy is better than Carson without taking into account the era they played in".

The league as a whole may have been more pass happy in 2015 than in 2005, but the Bengals weren't - they ran the ball more in '15. The '15 team ran more rushing plays than the '05 team, and the '05 team passed the ball more than the '15 team did. In 2015 the Bengals ran the ball 48% of the time, while in 2005 the Bengals ran the ball 46% of the time. The '15 Bengals finished 7th in the league in the league in rush attempts while the '05 Bengals were 14th.

Further skewing things is the fact that in 2005 the defense had almost 20 more takeaways than the '15 team did - that offense had the ball a hell of a lot more. You'd think that would give Carson a boost to his stats, or at the least would give them more chances to run the ball to protect the lead, yet you don't see that reflected in any of the offensive numbers.

The injury thing? Come on. I seem to remember Carson's 2005 season ending with him getting carted off the field, so he certainly didn't make it an "entire season", and as we've been told around here time and time again, the post season is what really matters. If you want to look at regular season only, though, I'd argue that if Dalton had stayed healthy this debate would even be more of a non-issue than it already is statistically - Dalton would've got to feed off of a bad 49ers defense and had a game against the Ravens who he has had a lot of success against throughout his career.

You've been given a boat load of stats in support of one side of an issue while offering nothing beyond "I believe the other is better because it's just what I believe" in response. Maybe you guys should go into politics?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd? - NKURyan - 04-12-2019, 12:18 PM