Poll: Should the Bengals extend ______
AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd?
(04-12-2019, 12:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: A”boatload of stats” that prove Dalton is better than Palmer was? Umm...no.

Dalton has had exactly 3/4 of an elite level season (15)

Palmer had (05 & 15). He was also actually considered one of the very best QB’s in the league before his injury. Like up there with Brady and Manning at the time.

Nobody except you and the rest of the card carrying members of Andy’s Army would ever try to claim Dalton has been one of the absolute best QB’s in the league.

Yes, a boatload of stats. I've compared record as a Bengals starter, number of playoff appearances, TDs averaged per season, INTs averaged per season, yards per completion, yards per game, QB rating, # of come-from-behind victories, TDs per game in their best seasons, INTs per game in their best seasons, yards per catch and yards per game in their best seasons, quarterback rating in their best seasons, surrounding weapons in their best seasons, frequency of rushing the ball for both offenses, # of turnovers given to them by their defenses... that's a lot of stats, and they all favor Andy Dalton at both an individual season and career level.

You, meanwhile, are choosing to ignore all of these and to back up your claim you are offering... nothing. Like I said, you should be a politician.

Putting words into my mouth, as well... I've never claimed Dalton has been "one of the absolute best QB's in the league". I'm telling you he's had a better career than Carson Palmer, which he has. You don't even have to be a member of "Andy's Army" (whatever the hell that even means) to come to that conclusion when you a) watch the games and b) look at their numbers.

I actually remember when Carson was looked at as the best quarterback in the league... it lasted one season, and look at the other QBs in the league in 2005 he was being compared to - you've got Brady, Brees (pre-NO), a young Roethlisberger, Manning, a bunch of old guys on the downside of their careers, and a bunch of nobodies. Not exactly 2015, when you had guys like Rivers, Brees, Manning, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, Rodgers, Newton, Wilson, and Roethlisberger all slinging it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd? - NKURyan - 04-12-2019, 02:56 PM