Poll: Should the Bengals extend ______
AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd?
(04-12-2019, 07:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And I’m telling you he hasn’t. Dalton has won zero playoff games, and it not highly thought of outside Cincinnati. Trust me I’ve tried to defend him over the years to those that think he’s he’s even worse than he is. Remember the “Dalton Line?”

Funny you bring up all the good QB’ in 2015 and conveniently leave out Palmer, who had an MVP caliber season that year.

Yep, outside of the Cinci faithful Dalton is looked upon as a guy who will never take you to the promised land. Think along the lines of Tannehill and Borders and Carr, guys teams have looked to move on from. (Now I'm assuming Carr is entering his last year in Oakland even though Gruden has given his blessing of Carr, since that blessing can change on a moments notice and I expect that it will if things don't turn around this year.)

The "Dalton line" is alive and well really, and many teams have gone out and gotten themselves a better QB. A few have gotten worse at QB as well.

Dalton does have his pluses though and is probably underrated around the league simply because he's Cinci's QB and his prime time performances (which is where people outside Cinci get to see him the most) have been rather poor. Still, he's a QB who has had AJ Green to throw to his entire career and guys like Tannehill, Borders and Carr have never had a WR like that and we could be looking on them differently if they had.

Palmer has always been a better QB in my mind and it's never occurred to me that Dalton might be his equal, let alone better. But that's only one position out of 22 that play on offense and defense and make up a team. The QB isn't everything in my book.

Still, I believe that AJ Green, if he plays well over the next 4 years will become a HoF nominee. By that I mean he puts up a few more 1,000 yard seasons. If he stays healthy he can do it and he can do it with Dalton at QB. I believe this team can win a playoff game with Dalton at QB, however, the number of tries he has left is limited.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd? - BengalChris - 04-12-2019, 08:00 PM