Poll: Should the Bengals extend ______
AJ Green
Tyler Boyd
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd?
(04-13-2019, 02:22 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Based on what? Show me some statistics to back up such a claim, because I've shown you plenty that strike it down. Talk about the "Dalton Line" if you want, on a statistical level Palmer's been below it. Do you really think Palmer is all that highly thought of outside of Cincinnati or (maybe) Phoenix? How about in Oakland? Because I doubt most fans even think of him when naming great QBs of the last decade.

If you want to stake your claim to Palmer being the better QB solely on the fact that he has a whopping one playoff win, fine... at least that's something. I'd counter that Palmer then followed that up with a six turnover game to take his team right back out of contention. It's not like Carson's been a great postseason QB either.

I didn't mention Palmer in 2015, but it doesn't change anything - neither one of them were going to be mentioned as being among the best QBs because of all those other names I mentioned. It was a lot easier for Palmer to be held up as one of those guys in 2005 because there were a lot less of those guys at the time, and even then those notions had faded within a couple of years.

Remember, this whole conversation started when it was stated that you'd have to be "delusional" (not stated by you, to be fair) to think Andy was a better QB than Carson. At the very least I think people should at least be able to see these stats and numbers and say that's simply an exaggeration. The difference isn't that great at all.

Carson was one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched, and I say that as a guy who still has an autographed jersey of his hanging up in my house. 

The issue with this argument is if you start considering Palmer OUTSIDE of Cincinnati, many of your statistical arguments fail. Throughout their whole careers, Palmer is statistically superior in many of the stats you listed.

I have no issues with saying Dalton has had a better career as a Bengal, but he has not had a better career than Palmer as a whole.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extend AJ Green and/or Tyler Boyd? - KillerGoose - 04-13-2019, 05:27 PM