Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers)
(05-09-2019, 10:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Big fan. Read all of the books and the supplemental books.

My take is this:

The show and the books are separate entities and the show runners can do whatever they want. It's entertaining TV. That said, it's also lazy writing for anyone who cares. The idea that a scorpion could be fired on a boat around a mountain at that angle and distance and have 3 direct precision hits is silly. It's illogical. The fact that this is a fantasy show doesn't mean it doesn't have its own set of rules.

Military strategy has been extremely flawed too.

The reason for all of this is that the writers are admittedly going for shock value and defying expectations, at the cost of 7 seasons of development. It's very frustrating.

My biggest worry entering this season was that they were going to cram too much in too little of time. Where as past seasons it literally took the whole season for the final episode to play out, which allowed for better story telling and character development.

This season overall, I am fine with the general storytelling, but compared to the previous seasons, its more of an outlined form of storytelling which is a letdown so far. And because they have limited episodes, they are cramming too much in which results in lazy writing like the terrible battle tactics (Dothraki charging an enemy at night head first?, no barriers between troops outside Winterfell and the dead???, scorpion shock scene).

They should have never pigeon holed themselves to limited episodes, and instead do more episodes to allow for a 'more realistic' approach to the final events unfolding.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - Millhouse - 05-09-2019, 12:28 PM