Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers)
(05-09-2019, 10:27 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Big fan. Read all of the books and the supplemental books.

My take is this:

The show and the books are separate entities and the show runners can do whatever they want. It's entertaining TV. That said, it's also lazy writing for anyone who cares. The idea that a scorpion could be fired on a boat around a mountain at that angle and distance and have 3 direct precision hits is silly. It's illogical. The fact that this is a fantasy show doesn't mean it doesn't have its own set of rules.

Military strategy has been extremely flawed too.

The reason for all of this is that the writers are admittedly going for shock value and defying expectations, at the cost of 7 seasons of development. It's very frustrating.

I'll start by saying that I agree that the writing has been pretty sub-par. But instead of joining the r/freefolk and r/gameofthrones mobs out for D&D's heads, I'm more pissed at GRRM for dragging his feet taking on all sorts of side projects to be picked up for more shows instead finishing his main work.

The drop off was very apparent once they ran out of books to go by. I really feel like D&D thought that they would at least have TWoW to go off of, if not more. They aren't book writers. They're TV producers/writers/directors. Imagine if Peter Jackson had to finish Return of the King himself after basing The Two Towers off of Tolkien's work. 

D&D obviously know where GoT needs to get to. But they don't have the how it gets there that GRRM was supposed to provide, and the quality has certainly suffered.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game Of Thrones Season 8 Talk (Spoilers) - CKwi88 - 05-09-2019, 02:48 PM