Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11
I had a mini-psychotic episode when we picked Cedric Ogbuehi in 15. This team needed a pass-rusher badly and there were still some nice ones there. Instead they took a hurt dude that sucked to boot. Then proceeded to take another guy that sucked at the same position in the second round.

If this team didn't learn it's lesson about weak, skinny basketball players lining up to protect their qb, then they are in deep shit. I mean, how much more explicitly could they have had it play out for them after 2015? That pick and draft could be argued as the mis-step that took this team from being a perennially solid roster to a team with one of the worst lines in the league for 3 seasons.

Taylor should know this. The Bengals brass should damn well know this. I'll break it down: Bengals have 2 mammoths at OT in Whitworth and Smith. Bengals offensive line good. Rams have 2 nasty, physical, big OTs. Rams offensive line good. Bengals have beanpole at either OT spot: Bengals bad. Real bad. Like wreck the offense and kill the team's talent acquisition process for a half-decade bad. Just no. I can't take it again. They just can't possibly be this galactically idiotic again while still paying the price for the last time they did it.

Their best young offensive player is Joe Mixon. I don't see how you play to that rare strength on this roster by lining up a penalty machine like Hart on the right side and a weakling like Dillard on the left. Might as well trade Mixon someplace else if you're this moronic, because you aren't running the football with that crew.

Also, pretty hilarious how Jonah Williams gets hammered for arm length, yet suddenly Dillard is the best OT in the draft with shorter arms than Jonah and a lot less technique. LOL.

Please do not pick this guy. For the love of god. Please. Do. Not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave Lapham - Says Dillard at #11 - samhain - 04-25-2019, 06:15 PM