Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread***
(04-27-2019, 12:39 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Who needs experts. How many blocking TEs were taken after the Bengals picked their guy?

/argument

I don't think it's just that Sample is a terrific inline blocker, which will be an important element - and specific need - in Taylor's offense. It's also that he's a very high character and work ethic guy, as well as being a film room junkie and a self proclaimed perfectionist in practice. I think all those things combined made Sample the pick. He fits what Taylor needs from a schematic point of view, but also from a locker room / culture mentality as well.

I can agree that he was picked too high based the on projections. He might have well been there in the 3rd. Hell, he might have still been available in the 4th. But, if Taylor views him as an important cog in his system and wanted to make sure he got him, I personally don't have an issue with them trading back and taking him in the 2nd, even if it's too high for him based on rankings.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Official 2019 NFL Draft Discussion Thread*** - Bengalholic - 04-27-2019, 12:55 AM