Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN top 15 on board for Round 2
(04-26-2019, 12:06 PM)kevin Wrote: I actually think S is a need.  Coach Taylor says defenses are in the nickle 80% of the time.  So forget about your basic 4-3 or basic 3-4.  80 % of time Bengals will be in the nickle D.  Bates Motel shows promise. Williams, some like him, I thought good QB's burned him like toast all game.  We lost Nelson and then IIoka.  Our depth at Safety isn't that hot.  Plus even with our starters there is room for improvement.  I could see 3 safeties on the field at times in nickle but like an extra LB if they run.   Adderley, Taylor, Thornhill are linebacker size at around 6' and 200 lbs, but with CB speed. David Fulcher type DB's that can play like a LB.  Again, we will be in nickel packages 80 % of the time, so stopping the run in those is Key. 

So I can see a DB that plays like a LB in 2.   I can also see a lot of other options.  WR, RB, TE, QB, DE, LB, CB.  

Again, that LB from Georgia that ESPN has listed to go tonight in 2 or 3.  I would have no problem going SEC OT and then SEC LB.  Bengals in past have drafted Georgia players, but these are new coaches.  Still, don't rule out the Georgia LB in 2 or 3 tonight. 

Don't rule out anybody.  The new coaches may have players on their boards unlike Marvin Lewis or any coach in Bengals history. Players that fit THEIR playbook, not the old Bengals playbooks. 

All I care about is Coach Taylor getting his players, so back off Mike, Katie, Tobin, Front Office.   I don't care if fans get their players. All I care about is Coach Taylor and staff getting their players because they have to coach them & they have to win with them.

On D, we need speed. Speed is what we need.  Like Tony Dungy.  Bengals D in 2018 was just too slow getting to the ball.  They can't pass cover or get to runners.  They don't fly to the ball.  They always look out of position because they are slow.  Tony Dungy would want more speed, and he would be right.  The Bengals need to get a lot faster on D.  This hard knocks stuff of Burfict is all illegal now and it's too slow.  Bengals need to get a lot faster on D, a lot faster. They get to the ball way too late.
 Isnt the Deandre Walker a rush end linebacker hybrid not a stand up 4-3 guy?  thats not the type of linebacker we need imo.  And with bates and williams here in the second i cant imagine safety being a need at all here
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
ESPN top 15 on board for Round 2 - kevin - 04-26-2019, 03:11 AM
RE: ESPN top 15 on board for Round 2 - SadFaceBengal15 - 04-26-2019, 12:21 PM