Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach
(05-03-2019, 01:37 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: For me, it kinda like last year. Everyone was saying how every little move or word that the new Oline coach made was praised endlessly and then when it came time for results, it wasn’t backed up. I don’t like to praise too much until something translates on the field. I am curious though if anyone noticed Marvin going extra easy on the D in game or during HardKnocks??? Was this just AJ’s perception or really how Marvin coached? Maybe that answer was in the final results.

For once, I disagree with you. We had one of the league's worst run games under Paul Alexander. For over 10 years, we ranked 20th or worse in yards/carry. In 2017, we ranked 29th with a paltry 3.6 ypc. Under Pollack, we averaged 4.7 ypc - which was our best ranking since 2000. Almost 20 years. 

We went from talking like Joe Mixon was a bust to thinking he's a top 5 back. The pass blocking was still bad, but did show some improvement. In 2017, Dalton was sacked every 12.7 attempts. In 2018, he was sacked every 17.4 attempts. That's actually a pretty substantial improvement.

I was pretty disappointed to see Pollack go. I think we lost a good one there. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach - Shake n Blake - 05-03-2019, 12:51 PM