Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach
(05-03-2019, 11:32 AM)Benton Wrote: He was probably trying to protect some egos and keep things calm. 

I think there's something to be said there. If you all recall early in Marvin's tenure he had some divas who were great players, but the side show antics probably grated at him. Chad probably grated at him more than he would probably ever admit and nobody can ever deny Chad was pretty much an ego maniac. He was a great player no doubt, but his ego often got the better of him and by extension Marvin.
In the end it probably played against Marvin at some subconscious level and resulted in our best players getting throttled so they couldn't become divas under his watch..
That subconscious stuff is pretty pervasive and tough to pin down. I think it played a huge part in Marvin's downfall. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFT - AJ Green enjoying life with an offensive-minded head coach - grampahol - 05-03-2019, 01:53 PM