Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model
(05-12-2019, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But despite those WOW additions the season was still a complete failure.

Since McVey did not win a playoff game his first season we are guaranteed that Taylor will do just as well his first year here.

I agree that we did shit in free agency this year, but before the '17 season we traded for one of the highest paid OTs in the league and singed the league's leading tackler in free agency.  So It is not like the Bengals never spend big money to bring in talent.  Maybe they will do that again next year.

This isn't complicated.

You take a 6-10 team and make them 11-5, that season was a success.
You don't win a playoff game for 4 years in a row, when you have a 10+ win team every year? That's bad. 

The expectations for a coach should always be to get better each season. If you were a losing team, you want to turn them into winners. If you start making the playoffs, you want to start winning those games. If you start winning those games, you want to win the Super Bowl. Marvin stagnated and that's why people wanted him out. McVay hasn't stagnated yet.

I agree on last year's off-season moves, but we were all surprised by it for a reason. We could've used another off-season like that this year. We had the space to do it. Especially if we would've cut Glenn. My fear is that we keep Jonah Williams at LT and eventually cut Glenn. That money would obviously not be going to good use then. They're already hinting at Jonah staying at LT, so I've got my eye on it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model - Shake n Blake - 05-12-2019, 10:18 PM