Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model
(05-13-2019, 11:59 AM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: I think Pratt starts because we are weak at LB but I do not believe he would be a day 1 starter on a team with an adequate LB corps. He has a decent chance of getting washed away and blocked on run plays here-and-there. He only started 1 year at NC State. People love him because he was a Free Safety prior to becoming a LB. But being a FS he hasn't had a lot of time fighting blocks against the run.  I'd give him some time before I'd expect an NFL caliber starter.
He was 6th in Tackle percentage last season and he has the athletic ability to play all three downs. Is a perfect prospect NO but he is good enough to start.

(05-13-2019, 12:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We don't know if Pratt can start...and Pratt was a 3rd Round pick. Not a 1st Round pick.

Williams should be an upgrade to Hart.

So we still need a RG. Center was bad last year. Price hopefully fixes that. LT was shaky. Hopefully Glenn is healthy. He hasn't been for 3 years.

Then, we arguably need 2 LB's. Even IF Pratt is a capable starter, we have no depth at LB and those guys get injured a lot.

Then, our WR's from 3 on were all bad last year. John Ross has 210 receiving yards in 2 years. We'll be counting on him as WR 3.

A lot of risk in all that. A LOT.

Jerome Baker and Fred Warner we're drafted in the third round last year and started for there respective teams last season.
Offensive line is still a question mark but with the injuries that Price faced last season I think it's reasonable to expect him to bounce back. Glenn is Shakey but he doesn't have to be great but only solid. RG worries me but  Westerman plays well when in line up and we signed Miller from Buffalo who is coming off a career year there.
We play Nickle 70% of the time plus Vigil is a good player when healthy.
Ross had 7 TDs last season and played nearly 50% snaps with Driskle at QB. Of course his numbers would stuggle. 
Also you act like every team can go 3 or 4 deep at every position that's just not a case it's not an easy thing to replace a top ten WR, TE, Edge, and a starting QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: One thing ZT is missing in copying the Rams model - J24 - 05-13-2019, 02:29 PM