Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
(06-04-2019, 03:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But only because they do not buy into his plan THIS YEAR.  

Why should any player "buy into" the plan from a coach who does not know how to coach yet and is trying to learn on the job?

If Taylor does not know how to coach now then it is not going to help him to get players that fit into the system of a coach who does not know how to coach.

This has nothing to do with his ability to Coach.

Instead; planning how & when to go about instituting Change for the longer term.

Walking in day one and trading certain players away or signing big name Free Agents or drafting a rookie QB like say Haskins may be like putting the cart before the horse.

Taking a year to evaluate Dalton and the rest of the inherited players plus to install the systems before making any drastic changes may be the wiser approach.

Get familiar with what you have before making the bolder moves.

This is the approach I think they took.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about ... - depthchart - 06-04-2019, 03:26 PM