Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
(06-06-2019, 05:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall anyone saying if Zac gets less than 8 wins, fire him. The OP asked what would make us happy for the future. If Zac takes a vet team that suffered major injuries in 2018 and had 6 wins and only wins 8 games, I would have serious concerns if Zac was the answer long term.

But, I would not suggest firing him after one year unless he won 3 or less games.

I agree.

The question is "what record would you accept and feel okay about it"?

There's logical reactions.  Then there's feelings.

Logically there is doubt/gray area for a coach that has never been an NFL head coach anywhere.

You'd think that he'd need some growing pains and adjustments with staff/coordinators/schemes and players.

Losing right off the bat and allowing time for those adjustments won't help you feel better about it though.

This team is one of only a few that hasn't won in post-season in decades.

That's why it's surprising that people in this poll accept loss and still feel okay with it when most key positions have decent starters in place.

I could only see this if they aren't supporters of Dalton and don't think he can win despite coaching.

Then yes.  You can accept losing until Zac gets his QB and feel okay with it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about ... - BengalsRocker - 06-07-2019, 10:21 AM