Poll: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
11 and 5 or better - Zac must match or beat Sean McVay’s 1st year as a Head Coach
10 and 6 - would tell me Zac is for real & an up and coming Head Coach; no lower
9 and 7 - Zac wins more than he loses signals a bright future; low as I’ll go
8 and 8 - Zac winning 50% of games 1st year is not a bad sign; I’d still believe
7 and 9 - Zac must at least do better than Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
6 and 10 - Zac must at least match Marvin’s record in Marvin’s last season here
5 and 11 or worse - is ok year 1 since all New Staff & Zac’s first year as a Head Coach
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about future?
(12-06-2019, 07:47 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Not that the Browns are some top tier team right now... but I'd give Taylor a positive point if the Bengals came out humming and beat them.

It wouldn't be a definite vote of confidence but it's something.

Looking back in retrospect I had my own doubts about his success because of a bad free agency and lack of experience as a HC.

Couple that with injuries and players retiring as the season progressed made things even worse.

The ONLY real hope was he was a good enough coach who could overcome and be creative with the players he had.

I did not see that the majority of this season to this point.

I think for most people that is what has made them sour on Taylor going forward.

I fully expect this team to win 2 or 3 of the last 4. The teams we play are really bad.

As far as overcoming the players he has. Mixon, Boyd, Bernard, Eifert, Tate, Ross, Uzomah, a 2nd Round TE in Sample...and a veteran QB in Dalton is a pretty decent array of weapons.

He hasn't shown the ability to balance the offense. He either throws 51 times. Or runs the ball a lot. Or throws to TE's. Or throws to Bernard and not Mixon. I haven't seen a nice mix of all of those aspects.

A creative OC could have came in here and did something with this offense. In fact, with more injuries last years offense ranked higher.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is the worst 2019 record you would accept from Zac & still feel ok about ... - THE PISTONS - 12-06-2019, 10:51 AM