Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketman
This is a tough one for me. First thing is I was hoping for more of a biopic, and this wasn't it. It was a little bit biopic, and a lot more of a musical and fantasy. I'm not a big fan of musicals so that's going to affect my opinion, but just because I don't like it that genre doesn't make it bad.

They present a lot of Elton's songs, but they are in no way in some sort of chronological order as in fact many didn't exist at the time of his life he sings them when it presents them. Usually in musical numbers with dancers. I'm sure someone or many people are gushing about the Crocodile Rock performance/levitation at the place in LA, but I found it ridiculous. And Crocodile Rock wasn't a song yet.

i wonder if Elton getting hooked up with Bernie was as random as portrayed in the movie.

If you like the flashy, musical, not too caught up in details kind of movie, then this will be a winner. If you were looking for the story of Elton John where the music is presented in performances or perhaps rehearsals, then you will be somewhat disappointed, but still might have some fun.

And was this John Reid fellow as big a dick as he is portrayed in two different movies by two different GoT stars?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Rocketman - michaelsean - 06-03-2019, 11:16 AM
RE: Rocketman - Benton - 06-03-2019, 11:56 PM
RE: Rocketman - fredtoast - 06-20-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: Rocketman - fredtoast - 06-20-2019, 03:53 PM
RE: Rocketman - JustWinBaby - 01-23-2020, 07:32 AM
RE: Rocketman - Truck_1_0_1_ - 01-24-2020, 03:49 PM
RE: Rocketman - michaelsean - 01-30-2020, 09:07 AM
RE: Rocketman - jason - 02-01-2020, 07:33 PM