Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Intriguing training Camp battle this off season
I suppose the guard spots are the most up-in-the-air. I think Jonah and Hart are virtual locks to start at the tackle spots barring injury.

There are multiple question marks at G. Will Glenn mesh well enough into the transition to LG to warrant paying him for another year? Will Boling really remain on the bench once he's able to suit up (I really have doubts about this one.)? Is John Jerry depth or a guy who was brought in to start? Is John Miller consistent enough to plug in at RT? He got benched more than once in Buffalo. Can Jordan do something in camp/preseason to make the average/washout vets irrelevant?

It's really hard to say who the 5 best o-linemen will be by the time September rolls around. All of this is without even mentioning Hopkins or Westerman, 2 more perhaps long shot candidates.

I have no prediction, because I have no idea who I like or who's the best of this collection of mediocre candidates. Based on past performance, my gut says some combination of Glenn and Boling would be the optimal combo, but they are both LGs at this point. They're also not guys who were handpicked by the new regime.

Side Note: The John Jerry thing is confusing. This dude gets brought in after not even playing in 2018 to join a crowded competition. I have to think he's depth, but it's not like they don't have depth with Hopkins, Westerman and Redmond. It's even stranger after the Miller signing. If he's being brought in to start, then that's not encouraging. The Giants line that featured Jerry and Hart on the right side was really bad.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most Intriguing training Camp battle this off season - samhain - 06-16-2019, 09:21 PM