Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty sick and tired of the Reds extended Home run celebrations
(07-06-2019, 02:22 AM)grampahol Wrote: Of all the things I never thought I'd see when the Reds finally started winning again was people complain about them being happy to be winning. I guess they should just win, but never indicate any joy over the fact. 
But hey, if you find joy so repulsive there IS an on and off button on your TV. You really aren't forced to participate. It's purely optional.

1) They still have a losing record so they are not winning. The main reason that they are still a last place club right now is because their hitting has been one of the worst in all of MLB(27th, 14th in the NL).

2) I'm not complaining about the celebrations when they win. Hitting a Home Run does not equate to a win.

3) I don't find joy repulsive . . . as I made the earlier comparison with Chad Johnson, just because you succeeded for a play doesn't give you license to act like a fool. 

When we moved to Alaska in 1976, I didn't have my Reds propaganda to read everyday in the paper so I picked an AL team, the Angels. I have MLB.tv so I try to watch both teams everyday when I can. Maybe I'm missing it but are there other MLB teams that have the HR celebration lineup before entering the dugout? I watch lots of games every week and I don't see it anywhere. Not even once in a while with a late inning/game changing Home Run. High fives on the way to the dugout don't count. I'm asking are there other teams with a celebration lineup? Where players come out of the dugout so they can do their signature dance? The only one I see is in Cincinnati and I think it looks stupid. Spend more time in the batting cage and less time working on your dance routine with other men.

psychdoctor has this as a sig. I think my complaint fits this a Hell of a lot more than anything of what you all deciphered in this thread.
-Paul Brown

“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

Another one mentioned above by SunsetBengal was "Act like you've been there before"(George Halas maybe?).

I certainly don't have a problem with a guy being excited because he just crushed one. I used the phrase "extended Home Run celebrations" in the thread title for a reason. Apparently, in Cinci-tucky speak, that means I hate scoring and I hate winning. 

You know what I hate? I hate watching a team suck for years, then finally get their shit together but under a "player's coach". When they finally face a real team in the playoffs, they have piss running down their legs during the National Anthem and then spend the rest of the game/series standing around waiting for someone else to make a play while the other team came prepared to win. Maybe you're all conditioned to it, I'm not.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pretty sick and tired of the Reds extended Home run celebrations - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 07-06-2019, 06:55 AM