Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty sick and tired of the Reds extended Home run celebrations
(07-07-2019, 11:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot of people who hate on professional athletes are just jealous.

I don't look up to professional athletes regarding their opinions on politics or anything like that, but the things they do on the field are amazing.  They are like the top 1% of the top 1% and they get their because they have worked their asses off.  When they do amazing things I think it is worth celebrating.

Many people who hate celebrations are just mad because when they were a kid the better athletes made them look bad and talked trash about it.

I don't know about the jealousy aspect and don't particularly care either way, but I do recall one guy from HS who played in the minor leagues, last name West is all I remember about him other than being able to just about break my fingers every time he threw the ball to me.. I remember thinking at the time he'd become a big star.. It never happened..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pretty sick and tired of the Reds extended Home run celebrations - grampahol - 07-08-2019, 09:34 AM