Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals hint they could add offensive line help soon
(07-25-2019, 05:22 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: The team has changed coaches, but the main office leadership is the same. It is not about the last 3 years, it is about the last 30. The coaches are being asked to 'make due' with what we have on the OL, good luck to them as they will need it. 

We're all quite aware of the ownership situation with the Bengals, yet many of us continue to support the team anyway..  

However, since you chose to move the goalposts from the past 3 seasons, to the past 30 years, let's think about something.  Let's say that the Brown/Blackburn family had an epiphany, and decided to sell the team.  Do you really think that some hyper-aggressive owner that was hell-bent on winning a Lombardi would fork out the close to $2B that the Bengals are worth?  And, if such a miracle were to happen, what is happening in Cincinnati to make the new owner or ownership group want to stick around?  Can you name one modern industry that Cincinnati is on the cutting edge of, and a huge employment draw for upwardly mobile families?  Me neither..  My guess is that if anyone ever bought the Bengals, they would be relocated to a city on the rise, rather than choosing to remain in a city on the decline.

So, while we're all quick to want to jump on the Brown/Blackburn family is a bunch of evil profitmongers bandwagon, they are still the only hope for the Bengals to remain The Cincinnati Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals hint they could add offensive line help soon - SunsetBengal - 07-25-2019, 07:30 PM