Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
The interview with Coach Taylor says the first practice in pads, the Defense beat the Offense 18 to 3. He liked the communication going on between the linebackers. Sounds like O Line wore down and a lot of mistakes as they got tired. Much work ahead for this O Line. Lets hope they can be coached up.

We will see against Chiefs. The D may look good BECAUSE they are going up against Bengy O Line.

Good thing there are preseason games because the players union allows so little hard contact in pads in training camp, these guys would never get in football shape without preseason. There is a difference between being in shape, and putting on the pads taking and making hits getting into football shape. If not for preseason games, these guys would never be ready for regular season. In the old days, training camp was more hard knocks before players union watered it down. I'm not sure players union is doing them any favors not letting them get in the shape needed to avoid injuries. Anyway, good thing for preseason. I will no longer say it's too bad they have to play these. They would get killed start of regular season without them, since so few practices in full pads. The Chiefs will give our Bengals a work out as both teams have to pad up and lay on the hits.

I can see not letting starting QB be in first one long, because no way the O Line is ready yet in first one. You people wanting to see the back-up QBs will see plenty of them against Chiefs, maybe running for their lives with no blocking, but you will see them. This O Line needs good hard preseason game blocking in pads all 4 games to get ready for season. I would hope the first game the new coaches focus in run blocking plays the most. This team needs to learn how to run block, or it can not win. The Bengals are weak. They need to get tough and be a threat to run on 3rd and 3. If they can't run, defenses will tee off on the pass, pass, pass stuff. This team has the same problem as when Forrest Gregg took over and said, " The Bengals Are Weak. That's why they don't win. I need to make them all tougher. You can't ask the Steelers to play softer. We have to get tougher. The team in the best condition wins the 4th quarter. " . Sadly the players union would not let Forrest Gregg toughen these guys up today, and why they are in dire need of good hard preseason contact.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - kevin - 08-01-2019, 11:48 AM