Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-01-2019, 01:49 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: From the Athletic:

A maligned offensive line endured more than a few struggles trying to contain the likes of Carl Lawson and Sam Hubbard, who both made multiple appearances in the quarterback’s lap.

Safety Jessie Bates picked off an Andy Dalton pass that floundered into the corner as the pressure came off the edge against him from Hubbard beating Bobby Hart on the edge.

Any wondering about how Lawson would look coming back from the ACL injury was quickly put to rest as he beat up on the Bengals tackles, including what would have been a sack against starting left tackle Cordy Glenn.

Lawson was adamant he would have had two more if they were counting. He’s not wrong.

I might have gone the entire training camp last year and not written one positive thing about Malik Jefferson.

He was a no-show as a rookie – partly because of the nature of the position and partly because he was clearly overwhelmed.

Yet, on the first day in pads, there was Jefferson breaking up a pass. He wasn’t alone, another member of the third-round linebacker club, rookie Germaine Pratt, also went airborne to tip a pass that ended up falling incomplete.

Nice to read some positive things written about the defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-01-2019, 01:54 PM