Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-02-2019, 12:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: Colts just changed schemes last year to a Tampa 2 along with adding a bunch of new players on defense. This idea that man good/zone bad that gets perpetuated by a lot of fans, not just here,is simply comical because people think zone means you spot drop and cover grass. It highlights people's lack of understanding about matching concepts and checks and how they can work together to make zones a VERY effective option for defense. Man defenses like the patriots/broncos require superb technicians to pull off and it's why when they work they are elite but can quickly go to the bottom as talent declines. 

Hmm, Colts finished 14th in pass defense last year.  Not bad, but not spectacular either.  However, they were 8th in rushing yardage given up, boosting them to 11th in total defense.  (10th in scoring defense)  

Eberflus made a little magic happen for them in 2018, we'll see if he endures any sort of Sophomore slump.  This year's schedule has the Colts facing some pretty good offenses.  In addition to seeing the Texans twice in their division, they also face Chargers, Chiefs, Saints, Steelers, Falcons and Buccaneers.  All good offenses.  If they finish 11th or better in total defense this season?  I'll be truly impressed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates - SunsetBengal - 08-02-2019, 02:11 PM