Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss
(08-16-2019, 08:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: The penalties are still an issue. The offense was not fluid, but at the same time how could anyone find a rhythm with a penalty on every play? The younger  Hoculi is known for over calling penalties, he is trying to make a name for himself. The defense played fine, I'm not sure where this narrative that they were horrible came from. They gave up 0 points, that is the only thing that matters. Outside of one big Peterson run, their run defense was really solid and they were getting good push by what was left of the defensive line.

As to everything beyond starters not mattering, that is simply not true. Both of those teams last night were decimated by injuries last year as many teams in the NFL are. Some of those guys playing in the 2nd and beyond last night will contribute for both teams at some point this season.

Exactly my take also. 1st string looked a mess, because we are still working players through positions. I will be the 1st to say this though, we need to get line set soon or it's going to look sloppy for awhile IMO. Hochuli is a joke. There should be a memo from the head officetelling him to chill. Fans come to see a game and not him. 
Defense only gave up 148 yds in the 1st half, so yeah, they a played way better this week. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Consider Washington Game A Bengals Loss - sandwedge - 08-16-2019, 11:49 AM