Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
(09-20-2015, 09:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Bro last week the Raiders never crossed mid field until pretty late in the game. They just hung 37 points or whatever on you. You just got beat by quite possibly the worst team in the NFL. Stop trying to argue point differentials, just hang it up.

Bro, the thread is "week 2" not "2015 season". Why are you mentioning how the Bengals did against the Raiders last week? You should feel stupid for even trying to argue that the Ravens getting embarrassed is a reason why the Browns were not as impressive as the Bengals. 

(09-20-2015, 09:19 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Admittedly, I only saw highlights of the CLE v TEN game, but I did watch the Bengals do some pretty good things (Marvin Lewis impression) against San Diego. The defense played well, got turnovers at opportune times, got critical stops when the needed them, and limited big plays by Rivers.  Andy played another great game, and although Hill was blowing it, Bernard picked up for him.

I know that pointing out that San Diego was the #1 offense last week is similar to pointing out how well Tennessee did in week 1, but I'd wager that in the end, the Chargers finish well ahead of the Titans in the conference.  For now, I'm still going off of 2014...until teams give me a solid reason to update my view of them.

I think the obvious issue with us making these posts in this thread is we all watched maybe 1 or 2 of the games. The Chargers may very well finish ahead of the Titans, and I appreciate you being honest in that you're basing this entirely off of last season, but I will point out that the Chargers barely beat a now 0-2 team at home last week while the Titans blew out a now 1-1 team on the road. I could use that as further evidence as to why the Browns beating them by 14  was more impressive than the Bengals beating the Chargers by 5.

If last season dictated this season, the Ravens wouldn't have given up 37 points to Oakland despite Joe Flacco having the 3rd most passing yards in his career. That's my issue with only basing things off last season. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2 - BmorePat87 - 09-20-2015, 09:30 PM