Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2
(09-21-2015, 08:44 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You can't really only look at records this early on in the season.  Yeah, you take it into account when judging a team's skill, but it's certainly not the only thing.  Do you think the Panthers and Falcons are better than the Seahawks and the Ravens?  Probably not, but if we're only looking at this year's record, then you'd have to say so.

This early, I base my opinions on last year's team and any changes that they may have made, rather than who they've beaten in two weeks.  The NFL is just too fluky, and that's too small of a sample size to go on.

Right on. The best way to look at things is to judge them based on their last year + any offseason changes.

The Chargers pretty much have their exact coaching staff back from last year. Did they lose anyone notable? Guys like Te'o have another season under their belt, they added Melvin Gordon and Stevie Johnson to bolster their weapons. Danny Woodhead and Jason Verrett missed almost all of 2014 and are both key players on the team. That's a 9-7 team that did nothing but improve from their 2014 squad. Am I missing anyone that they lost of note? I can't think of anyone that would drastically crush the team.

The Titans had a bit of an overhaul in the front office and then they added Mike Mularky and Dick Lebeau who are a combined 131 years old to be assistant head coaches. Mariota is obviously going to be a good QB but he's not what his stats are showing right now. He'll be coming back down to earth shortly. Harry Douglas and Brian Orakpo were the big signings, and while I can't bash those, they would have been a bit more exciting 2-3 years ago. Didn't their offensive line retire over the offseason? Well, anyone talented on it, at least. The defense was a disaster last year, and what did they do to fix it?? Hire a dinosaur to coach them....sure, that'll work! Wasn't Dorial Green-Beckham supposed to take over the league or something? His, uhh...catch (singular, 1 catch, uno, einer, un) was really impressive, I guess. This is a team that won 2 games and I'm sorry, but Marcus Mariota, Harry Douglas, and Brian Orakpo-post 3 pectoral tears isn't going to turn this team into a contender, something that the San Diego Chargers are currently considered. Look at it on the bright side, they get to play a last place schedule AND the NFCS this year. That's almost like winning the lottery if you're an NFL team.

Sorry, uhhh, what I meant to say was RAVENS SUCK N STUFF **** THE TITANS TOO!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most impressive AFCN teams Week 2 - djs7685 - 09-21-2015, 09:26 AM