Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-21-2019, 10:49 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can understand this point but let's compare their first two years in the league thus far...
Ross - 16 games, 210 yards, 7 TDs
Eifert - 16 games, 482 yards, 2 TDs

Basically, where Eifert had more than double the yards, Ross had more than triple the TDs. Are 250 yards more important than 5 TDs?

And to your point on Eifert, in his now 6 seasons, he had ONE Pro Bowl season, and it was because of his 13 TDs, not his 615 yards. Eifert was the 12th TE in 2015 in terms of receiving yards but the 1st TE in terms of TDs. And this was in his third year, which Ross has not yet had.

My point is Eifert didn't blossom until his third year and has an injury-riddled career outside of two years (2013, 2015), so I think it is fair to compare Ross and Eifert.

those 16 games of eifert he was a back up not a starter at all. eifert was a backup and had been splitting snaps with gresham at tight end until 2015.  he didnt come into the league with a injry riddled career at notre dame and in 14 yes suffered the dislocated elbow.  then once finally the starter he became a top 3 tight end in the league, a pro bowler.  He showed great promise his first season splitting snaps with gresham which we havent seen any of in ross and then when eiferts handed the keys in 15 he goes off.  Ross has shown no promise and we still dont know at all what we have in out top 10 pick because his injury prone college career has now followed him in the pros.  again imo real simple to see the difference in ross and eifert.  if ross doesnt play this year or does nothing of value u really think we are gonna bring him back.... no why cuz he hasnt shown us anything when healthy to make him worthy of coming back.  however eifert has.  thats why hes back yet again.  we know what we can get from a healthy eifert.  with ross we know nothing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: All the starters go Thursday Ross out - SadFaceBengal15 - 08-21-2019, 12:19 PM