Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the starters go Thursday Ross out
(08-20-2019, 07:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lol bro when u compare ross to eifert ur missing one HUGE difference lol Eifert has proven to be not just good but a top 3 pro bowl tight end in this league.  ross has proven nothing of that.  yea both have been injured too much in their career but i can promise u right now that the hate on ross wouldnt be the same if we had a pro bowl season from out #9 pick since entering the league.  we know eifert and how good he is.  ross at  this point is nothing but the injury prone little fragile receiver we knew he was when taking him at SMH #9.  comparing eifert to ross due to injuries and why we dont treat him the same is comparing apples to oranges and pretty easy to know the major difference.  ross is an unknown waste of a pick at this point, we keep resigning eifert cuz when healthy we know what he can do.  cmon man.  ross is trash eifert is a pro bowler....facts

I usually try to give respect on this board but calling Ross trash is over the top... bro.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 06:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why are we so worked up over Ross? According to the vast majority here, he's a bum. Never seen so many people ready to storm the castle...You guys are acting like you are financially invested in the Bengals. You're not. 

Doesn't that cut both ways? There are some people on here who see someone say something negative about Ross and have to rush in and point out that he had 7 TD's.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually try to give respect on this board but calling Ross trash is over the top... bro.

sorry, ross is garbage lol
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:25 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: sorry, ross is garbage lol

And you are a classy gentleman lol
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Doesn't that cut both ways? There are some people on here who see someone say something negative about Ross and have to rush in and point out that he had 7 TD's.

Which shouldn't be left out by the negative posters...

Should it Pistons?
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Doesn't that cut both ways? There are some people on here who see someone say something negative about Ross and have to rush in and point out that he had 7 TD's.

I won't say Ross is hopeless, but it's hard to tell if the 7 TDs is a step in the right direction and we should expect more or if it was just a baffling one-year trend.  1 catch for a TD in a game isn't unheard of, but it's odd.

And I'd have more respect for his 7 TDs if we didn't gleefully move on from guys like TO or Lafell or Hill who scored TDs for us, too.  TDs in a losing effort during a DOA season.  la de dah...right?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which shouldn't be left out by the negative posters...

Should it Pistons?

The TD's happened no doubt. But so did 210 yards. And so did 21 receptions on 58 targets. So did the 36.2% catch percentage.  He had a whopping 16.2 yards per game receiving too.

It's all part of the package.

I think we can all agree that he really needs to step up his production in all areas this year.

Without practicing though, I don't see how he's going to improve.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I won't say Ross is hopeless, but it's hard to tell if the 7 TDs is a step in the right direction and we should expect more or if it was just a baffling one-year trend.  1 catch for a TD in a game isn't unheard of, but it's odd.

And I'd have more respect for his 7 TDs if we didn't gleefully move on from guys like TO or Lafell or Hill who scored TDs for us, too.  TDs in a losing effort during a DOA season.  la de dah...right?

It's pretty hard to score 7 TD's in a season and only average 16.2 ypg receiving. That's an accomplishment.

Bonus points for not being used exclusively in short yardage situations and producing those stats.
Reply/Quote

That's not called for at all.

I'm probably the hardest person on the board when it comes to Ross, but it's always based on his play, not some insult.

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The TD's happened no doubt. But so did 210 yards. And so did 21 receptions on 58 targets. So did the 36.2% catch percentage.  He had a whopping 16.2 yards per game receiving too.

I think we can all agree that he really needs to step up his production in all areas this year.

All true and completely agree.

(08-20-2019, 11:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That's not called for at all.

I'm probably the hardest person on the board when it comes to Ross, but it's always based on his play, not some insult.

Thanks Chris, we have had our share of talks for years about Ross and you are a classy guy about it.

I completely understand where you are coming from, not this guy.
Reply/Quote
The biggest change for Ross since last season is his jersey number. Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 09:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: of course Johnathon Ross is out

Is this guy made out of tissue paper.  He is so weak.  He has never been able to man up and play in the NFL from his rookie year on.  All we hear is that he is fast.  OK, fastest man into the injury whirlpool tub each week..  You don't help the club in the tub. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

[Image: source.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 11:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The TD's happened no doubt. But so did 210 yards. And so did 21 receptions on 58 targets. So did the 36.2% catch percentage.  He had a whopping 16.2 yards per game receiving too.

Ross is currently in the same situation as his rookie year, which is learning a new offense without being able to take the field all preseason.
For him to improve, he's going to have to learn during the regular season.
That either means he doesn't play however many regular season games as he ramps up in practice or he learns "on the job" in regular season games.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 10:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ross is currently in the same situation as his rookie year, which is learning a new offense without being able to take the field all preseason.
That either means he doesn't play however many regular season games as he ramps up in practice or he learns "on the job" in regular season games.

Look at the bright side, he never learned the old offense so it is not like he will confuse the two. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 10:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I usually try to give respect on this board but calling Ross trash is over the top... bro.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2019, 07:52 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: lol bro when u compare ross to eifert ur missing one HUGE difference lol Eifert has proven to be not just good but a top 3 pro bowl tight end in this league.  ross has proven nothing of that.  yea both have been injured too much in their career but i can promise u right now that the hate on ross wouldnt be the same if we had a pro bowl season from out #9 pick since entering the league.  we know eifert and how good he is.  ross at  this point is nothing but the injury prone little fragile receiver we knew he was when taking him at SMH #9.  comparing eifert to ross due to injuries and why we dont treat him the same is comparing apples to oranges and pretty easy to know the major difference.  ross is an unknown waste of a pick at this point, we keep resigning eifert cuz when healthy we know what he can do.  cmon man.  ross is trash eifert is a pro bowler....facts

I can understand this point but let's compare their first two years in the league thus far...
Ross - 16 games, 210 yards, 7 TDs
Eifert - 16 games, 482 yards, 2 TDs

Basically, where Eifert had more than double the yards, Ross had more than triple the TDs. Are 250 yards more important than 5 TDs?

And to your point on Eifert, in his now 6 seasons, he had ONE Pro Bowl season, and it was because of his 13 TDs, not his 615 yards. Eifert was the 12th TE in 2015 in terms of receiving yards but the 1st TE in terms of TDs. And this was in his third year, which Ross has not yet had.

My point is Eifert didn't blossom until his third year and has an injury-riddled career outside of two years (2013, 2015), so I think it is fair to compare Ross and Eifert.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

That is something I wish would go away on here. Calling people trash or garbage should be a banishment.
Reply/Quote
Ross will get cut, picked up by the Pats and be their #1 Receiver soon. Lol

Just a little sarcasm born out of frustration.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2019, 10:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ross is currently in the same situation as his rookie year, which is learning a new offense without being able to take the field all preseason.

Same with AJ, but we see how he does.
Reply/Quote