Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-08-2019, 09:49 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Well it's interesting and I'm not going to crap on the notion.

Yet I'm gonna reserve my opinion to more than one game about both ZT and Ross.

Kind of hard to make assumptions from such a small sample.

Granted I don't need 16 frickin' years!  LMAO

Absolutely fair. It's only one game and we need more proof.

But the fact that Taylor's first game results in career days for Dalton and Ross says as much as 1 game can say.

(09-08-2019, 09:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It is impossible to say.  Ross may have just worked himself through his problems and would have flourished under Marvin this year.

And if you want to give all the credit to Zac then you lo have to give him all the blame for our running game.  Mixon sure looked better when Marvin was coach.

Yeah but lets be real. You saw the ways Ross was used. Marvin wasn't using him those ways. Also, Marv most likely would've given up on him after a couple drops. You have to let the guy build some confidence. As for the run game, yeah it was abysmal. This thread isn't about the run game though.

(09-08-2019, 10:01 PM)McC Wrote: I think I saw more open receivers today than the last three years combined.

Excellent use of Eifert today too, while keeping him kind of out of harm's way too.

Yes sir, and that was a huge problem in the past. If this keeps up, I see a lot of career years for guys in the passing game. I also have wondered if some of the "bad Andy" games happened in large part because guys weren't getting open. So I'll be keeping a close eye on that through the year. Andy has usually been good for 4+ clunkers a year. That may be a thing of the past.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - Shake n Blake - 09-08-2019, 10:20 PM