Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...was Marvin holding Ross back?
(09-10-2019, 12:03 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Stinkin' thinkin'. 

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. ChadochocincoJohnson pulled all kinds of stunts that, i'm sure, Marv didn't like but he was out there every game, all game because he put up numbers. Same with Burfict and Pacman. 

John Ross may or may not have been a Marv pick, but he was benched after his first touch/fumble. Could be for a number of reasons, right or wrong. But he didn't produce so he was kept on the bench despite his supposed athletic talents. 

See now how Marv (and any other coach) can have a double standard in how they "hold players accountable"?

Ross himself said he reacted to criticism or being put on the sideline by getting upset and losing confidence in himself.  I don't think Chad, Pacman and/or Burfict ever admitted to responding to criticism that way.  

My take on Ross is less about Marvin and ZT and more about how Dalton approaches him.  Ross was on the field last year, quite a lot actually, and Dalton didn't target him very often.  Dalton seems to be targeting him a lot more so far in 2019 so I trust Dalton to make these decisions more than I'm going to come up with reasons why Marvin would put Ross on the field and not let Dalton throw it to him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: So...was Marvin holding Ross back? - Nately120 - 09-10-2019, 12:08 AM